Friday, August 12, 2011

Bummer!!

Those of you not in Texas probably know that we have been undergoing quite a heat wave here. In fact we were on pace to set a new record. The old record was 42 straight days where the high temp was 100 or over. Until yesterday we had 40 straight days of such temps. But yesterday it was only 94 degrees. Bye bye record.
I am actually disappointed that we did not get the record. I figured that we had undergone so much heat already that why not get something for it. I was looking forward to getting a t-shirt " I survived the record heat of 2011." Guess I will have to just satisfy myself with another longhorn t-shirt now.
It was kind of surreal hoping for more heat yesterday. I was really wanting the record. Before you just think I am crazy consider this. I can curse this terrible heat wave we have undergone or I can just laugh at it. When given the choice of cursing or laughing I choose to laugh. I just do not want to start another streak of 40 plus days of heat over 100 degrees. At least not until next summer.

Sincerely,

Trouble-Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment