Saturday, November 27, 2010

Search Logic

Okay. I am not eager to undergo the new enhanced searches anymore than the next person. I do not like the idea that a screener can see the naked image of my body through the machine. Opting out for a search that makes me wonder why I did not also get dinner and a movie is not my idea of fun either. So mark me down as one of those who laments the next procedures we have to undergo to protect ourselves.
But is all the hulabalo about this really necessary? We have to do things we do not like for security purposes. It is not fun holding up my pants because my belt is going through x-ray. Or having to walk in without my shoes. Finding liquids to put in the clear bag is a pain as well. But doing these things allows the powers that be do a better job of keeping me safe. As much as I do not like these things and the new search technology, I like them a whole lot better than getting blown to bits at 20,000 feet in the air. Call me crazy.
But what really gets me is the hypocrisy. The main opponents of these new techniques are on the right. You know. The law and order security hawks. If it was the ACLU doing the complaining then it would be just another "dog bites man" story. They always tend to go overboard on such issues. But the conservatives have been tell us that we have to be aggressive in ferreting out terrorists. Well this is an aggressive apporach and in keeping with that they have said in the past.
We all know that the second a terrorist succeeds in bringing down another plane that the same conservative pundits complaining right now will immediately blame President Obama. They will want to blame him for not protecting the country even as they try to deprive him of the tools to do so. Like I said, it is the hypocrisy of this that gets me.
So I have a deal for the conservatives. If they agree take the blame for any airline attack then we can get rid of the new search technology. No takers huh? I did not think so. You do not want to give up your "blame Obama" approach to life. But if you continue to complain about the new search technology then in my book it will be you, and not Obama, who should get the blame if the terrorist are successful in another attack.
Let's stop hating the TSA agents, the president and homeland security. They do not deserve our hate and hypocrisy. You know who does? The terrorist!!!

Sincerely,

Trouble-Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment