Tuesday, March 13, 2012

GCB

Okay I have heard that the new show GCB had anti-Christian overtones. So I felt obigated to watch it and see for myself. Boy was that a waste of my life.
Was there some anti-Christian overtones? Maybe a little. It seems to me that the Christian characters on the show are not very likeable. But then again none of the charcters on that show are very likeable. Therein is the crux of the matter. The show is awful. I could not get through the entire pilot. I do not know how anyone can stand to watch that sort of drivel.
I accept the fact that there is anti-Christian bias in Hollywood that comes out in protrayals of Christians. Can you remember the last time there was a sympathetic overtly Christian character in Hollywood? Perhaps GCB was an attempt to express this bias. But it simply was not a good enough vehicle to do so. The characters were so cardboard and one dimensional that no thinking person can take the show seriously.
So put me on the anti-GCB bandwagon. Not becasue I think the show is a great example of anti-Christian bigotry. But because we already have enough bad TV shows and we do not need any more.

Sincerely,

Trouble-Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment